- This event has passed.
Healthy Microwave Cooking
January 25, 2021 @ 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
About this Event
Learn to make a vegetarian potato soup in the microwave. You’ll learn knife skills, nutrition and wellness information, and tips on flavoring foods without salt.
This class is FREE to all, but donations are strongly encouraged. South Side Family Farms, a Black-led farm in Central OH, is expanding! Can you help grow our community?
This class is provided by Dietitian In Your Kitchen
Would You Like to Cook Alongside?
We will make the soup in real-time, so you are welcome to cook with us. For this recipe you will need:
- a large microwave-safe bowl
- 1# of potatoes (about 3 medium-sized)
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 whole carrot
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- 3 cloves of garlic (or more if you like)
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- Rosemary (fresh or dried)
- ground black and/or white pepper
- ground nutmeg
- salt or salt substitute
- 2% milk or unsweetened soy milk
- cornstarch or potato starch
- butter for topping (optional)